Now you can have Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup at home! This is one of my absolute favorite foods! It is delicious! I guarantee it!
- 1 cup of chicken breasts, cooked and diced (you can use a rotisserie chicken)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 quart of half and half
- 1 (14 ounce) can of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of celery, finely diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup of onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese is optional
- 1 pound of potato gnocchi (you can buy this in the gourmet section of many supermarkets)
- Saute the onions, celery, and garlic in the butter and olive oil over medium heat until the onions become translucent. Add the flour and make a roux. Let the butter and flour mixture cook for about a minute before adding 1 quart of half and half.
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions.
- Into the roux, add in the carrots and chicken. Once the mixture becomes thick, add the chicken broth. Once the mixture thickens again, add the cooked gnocchi, spinach, and seasoning;, simmer until the soup is heated through.
I hope you enjoy it!